Friday, 6 March 2015

Liebster Award wut.

Okay so Izlain AND Roger nominated me and a few others for this award. This award has been sent my way before and I didn't really do anything about it, other then ignore it, because whomever sent it to me didn't really know me or I knew him/her.
From what I have understood this is a blogger award that goes from blogger to blogger. Like a chain letter if you will.


But since Izlain and Roger nominated me, I shall do the same. Because that gives me the opportunity to link to other blogs that I like as I need to nominate other people for this Award. If they chose to accept it or not is totally up to them. 

So, getting this award means I have to answer some questions and write about about the person who gave me this award. 

What can I say, he is an awesome person. I have had the pleasure of doing 2 podcasts with this dude, and I was nervous as hell. But he was so nice and helped calm me down in a matter of minutes. So I would say he is a person who is good with people. He has had his blog up and running for years, and I doubt he will stop writing in the near future, so if you want a steady blog to read, with a lot of different topics, he is your man! He also have his own podcast now with the brilliant name - Couch Podtatoes. And, he is never afraid of expression his opinions, no matter what other people think. That's the impression I have anyways. So thank you for nominating me Izlain !

I love this man, he is brilliant, funny and a very intelligent man. I have had the pleasure of being on a podcast with him as well, with his soothing voice hehe. We don't talk to much with each other but once in a while he just comes with a random sentence on twitter in the middle of a conversation making me scratch my head and laugh. Roger is kind of a mentor to me, even though he might not know that but, I do look up to this fellah. And I always imagine him sitting in his leather chair, sipping some whiskey or cognac with a pipe or cigar in his hand. 

Facts, wut? I am not sure if I was writing 11 facts or not like Izlain, but I guess I will do it just in case.
I sucked my thumb till I was like 9 years old, had 1 cm overbite and looked like a rabbit. I have 2 older brothers. Favorite song is Blackbird by Beatles, I love romantic comedies, but always watch them alone. I secretly listen to classical music and Britney Spears. I bite my nails. I vape (e-cig). I hate spiders, yet I capture them and put them outside. I don't have a drivers license.

Now to the questions Izlain asked:


1. What’s your favorite video game character?

Cloud from Final Fantasy 7.


2. What’s your favorite soda?

Always Coca Cola *sings*


3. Do you drink alcohol? What kinds?

I don't at the moment, been having an alcohol free year. One year on the 20th of March. But when I drink I usually just go for beer - Carlsberg and Heiniken.


4. Did you start a blog to showcase your writing, or just to vent?

I started my blog so I could show off screenshots I took, to write about my gaming adventures, and quickly turned into a mix of gaming and real life stuff blog. And to become famous obviously.


5. If you had to choose, would you pick life-long love, or enough money to sustain you for life?

Love, I don't care much for money to be honest, as long as I have money for a roof over my head and food I can be pretty happy when it comes to money. I have always been poor, I am used to not having money, and grown up on barely having food on our table. I am happy with little, as long as I have someone I love with me.


6. Beard, or no beard? (if you’re male, do you wear one, if you’re female, do you like them?)

I like men with a little beard, I think it can be very sexy, it makes him look more manly/masculine, like a tough guy. I love it if my man can scare people just by looking at them :P Sounds messed up haha, but I want a man to be a mans man and take care of me, and make me feel save, beards give out that vibe. And hellooo Sexy lumberjacks, nomnom.


7. What’s your favorite genre of music?

I can't answer that, I like songs, not typical genres or bands. It's about the tunes.


8. Your current boss fires you. Are you happy or sad?

Unemployed, but if I was I would be sad, because that would mean I didn't do my job well enough, or that I wasn't a fit at the workplace. 


9. Why do you think I nominated you for this award?

Because you are curios as to what I would answer on the questions. And you think I am awesome :P Haha, no but seriously I don't know. But I am happy you did !


10. What’s your favorite TV show right now?

Person of interest.


11. Who’s your celebrity crush?

There are so many haha! Jared Leto , Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer, Scarlet Johansson

Questions from Roger: 




1. How do you explain your passion for games to those who don’t “get it”?

I don't, I don't talk about gaming with them at all because they tend to get bored and look at me wierd so I just shut up about it and talk about something else.


2. Do you have faith in your countries political institutions?
Ehhm, I don't follow politics much *ashamed*


3. Do you regret anything that you’ve written or said on a podcast?
Sometimes I regret being so open and/or whine so much, but I don't remove my posts afterwards because that would make people see that  I was uncomfortable with my own writing and that would again be embarrassing.


4. Do you find common place social conventions, such as going for a drink after work, or inviting colleagues round to dinner, a pleasure or a chore? (Feel free to replace examples with something more appropriate to you if required).
I have often said no to these things because I feel it is indeed uncomfortable, I can say yes if there is drinking involved because then everyone acts like tools anyways :P But as I don't drink anymore I am not sure how I would handle it. I would never ask someone to come home for dinner, or going out. I can get asked but never do so myself.


5. If you played games as a child, did your parents place any restrictions upon your pastime?
I could play games as much as I liked as my mother loved watching the games I played, as I played RPG's and she loved the stories. But I had a bed time, so after that I had to quit obviously
.

6. You are standing behind someone who is unaware of your presence. Armed only with a seven inch filleting knife, what is the most efficient way to kill them?
Stabbing them in the neck and twisting the knife.


7. Do you consider video game ratings to be important?
 I don't look at ratings.


8. Do you ever find that your own personal values, principles and ethics put at odds with the wider gaming community?
Well, not in our blogging community. Sometimes in mmo's I feel like I would see things a lot different then with the people I randomly meet, so I go my own way if that is the case. I like to surround myself with like minded people.


9. Share a valuable lesson about life that you’ve learnt the hard way.
Be honest, don't keep secrets. Secrets never stay secret.


10. Is there a blogger or podcaster who has quit the scene or retired that you would like to see make a return?
I have to be honest, I don't listen to many podcasts. And the bloggers I enjoy are still blogging.

Okay so I guess I need to figure out some questions.

1. What is your favorite game ?

2. Who is your favorite blogger?

3. Which blogger would you like to meet in real life and why ?

4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

5. PC or Console?

6. Do you like to be the center of attention, or blend into the crowd?

7. What would make you blush/ make you embarrassed?

8. Weapon of choice under a zombie apocalypse?

9. Why do you blog ?

10. What is the thing you like most about yourself ?

11. Why is the sky blue?

Now we need 5 nominees:

1. LankyBrit - My Life in Azeroth

2. Dahakha - Star-Fired Beef

3. Lonomonkey - Screaming Monkeys

4. Murf - Murf Versus

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering both sets of questions. Perhaps during this years NBI, yourself and Izlain would like to be guests again on the podcast, to discuss "where you are at" twelve months on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes maybe we can :-) Sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it. Answer the questions here, or make a blog post with the answers to the questions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make your own post, answering the questions and make new questions and nominate 5 others. Or do nothing, it's not something you have to do, just do it if you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if it's all the same to you I'll pass then. Thanks for thinking of me, but I want my blog posts only to be about WoW, or what I'm doing in WoW. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries :-) I still got to link to your blog so :D

    ReplyDelete